Introducing the National Centre for Sustainable Delivery
The national Centre for Sustainable Delivery (CfSD) is a national unit designed to sustainably improve and transform Scotland's health care system through innovation, collaboration and clinical leadership.
Hosted by NHS Golden Jubilee and commissioned by the Scottish Government, CfSD brings together existing transformation programmes with an innovation team to support the rapid rollout of new techniques, innovations and clinically safe, fast and efficient pathways for Scotland’s patients.
People are living longer and deserve to live well.
CfSD will work with experts and patients across Scotland to make our healthcare system the best in the world and ensure that people receive the right care, from the right people, at the right time. To achieve this we need to focus on sustainability, value, innovation and listening to our patients.
- Embed best practice by driving forward existing programmes proven to add value in improving health and social care.
- Collaborate with partners to influence and shape new programmes of work across NHSScotland that are agile, consistent and equitable.
- Design and drive national redesign and transformation programmes to enable a sustainable health and care system providing world-class excellence in care experience, outcomes through optimal care pathways.
- Undertake research and publish evidence based learning to establish the CfSD as an internationally recognised unit for system change.
- Drive Redesign and Transformation through collaboration and partnership working - Developing and maintaining networks of clinicians and senior leaders across different specialities and settings across health and social care, including primary, secondary and social care.
- Assess, Monitor and Redesign by analysing national data analysis to inform system understanding, prioritisation and programme design to optimally achieve key objectives.
- Offer bespoke assistance to help tackle areas of challenge in health and care across NHSScotland.
The Centre for Sustainable Delivery aspires to be an internationally recognised centre of excellence, promoting and embedding best practice through a ‘Once for Scotland’ approach to enabling a sustainable health and care system.
We will create new opportunities to support both existing services and new health innovations in collaboration with NHS Boards, Scottish Government, health and social care partners, third sector, academia and industry.
We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring equitable, sustainable and transparent use of the available resources to achieve better outcomes and experiences for every patient.
- Establishing a Collaborative Taskforce to provide leadership to help solve the biggest challenges across Scotland’s health and social system.
- Integrating the best available evidence with multidisciplinary clinical knowledge and expertise.
- Designing services with patients, for patients.
- Using data and analytics to plan and drive redesign and transformation programmes and evaluate impact on health outcomes.
- Investigating data-driven technologies to transform the way health and social care is delivered.
- Exploring innovative models of collaboration and investment that could offer opportunities in research, service development and innovation.